Volunteers are the heart and soul of Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve. It takes many hands to keep the Preserve well maintained and running smoothly. We pride ourselves on having an excellent team of volunteers who work on the property, educate the public, welcome visitors, oversee the gift shop and assist the staff. We are powered by volunteers and appreciate every hour that is given.
The Earth Needs YOU!
Earth Day is the perfect time to explore nature AND to take action in an effort to help our planet. Put together a group -- co-workers, friends, family, or a shared-interest group – and reach out to us. We will work with you to find a mutually agreeable date throughout the month of April to spend a morning at the Preserve, while you join our mission to preserve native habitat. It is a great time to get the Preserve ready for all our Spring visitors. We’d love your help! We have many different projects to choose from to fit your activity level. Perfect activity for corporate groups, service groups, students, families and individuals. To learn more or to schedule a time for your group, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Regina Moriarty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twinleaf Visitor Center Attendant: We are looking for upbeat, friendly volunteers who are interested in working in the Twinleaf Visitor Center. The Twinleaf Visitor Center is the hub of the Preserve -- greet our guests, answer the phone, ring up sales. Full training provided. 4 hour shift once a week or be a floater and take a shift when you can. Work in our beautiful Visitor's Center with a caring staff and nature loving visitors. For more information about volunteering please fill out the form below or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Regina Moriarty.
On Going Volunteer Opportunities:
Administration (year-round, weekdays)
- Lend a hand with mailings, publicity, program hand-outs and data entry.
- Help the Preserve with property upkeep—weeding, planting, trail maintenance and brush clean-up. Learn more about native and non native plants as you immerse yourself into the heart of the preserve.
Invasive Plant Removal: (Wednesday mornings and Select Saturdays)
Each Wednesday May through Oct and Saturdays May 6, June 3, July 1, August 5, September 23, October 7. 9:30-Noon. Remove non native plants and do light trail maintenance. Learn as you go. Please let us know you are coming! Register by emailing Regina Moriarty at Moriarty@bhwp.org.
Naturalist (year-round, weekdays, weekends)
- Become a trained naturalist! After attending BHWP classes, volunteer naturalists lead public and private tours and programs here at the Preserve.
Propagation (seasonal, weekdays)
- Assist our Propagation Manager in growning plants to be sold in our nursery. Learn how native plants are propagated, help with the nursery upkeep, weed existing potted plants, set up and take down the sales area in spring and fall.
Special Events (year-round, weekdays, weekends)
- Join the Preserve special events team, which staffs all our major outreach programs and fundraisers. Meet new people and learn new skills.
Visitor Services/Twinleaf Shop (year-round, weekdays, weekends)
- Greet the public, answer phones and ring up sales in the Twinleaf Shop. Full training provided. Choose available shifts that work best with your schedule.
DIY Team (year-round as needed)
- Are you handy? Like to work on small projects fixing or building things yourself? Add your name to our DIY Team list. When a project arises we will contact you with the details. Typical projects include, painting, repairing/installing fences, small plumbing jobs, carpentry, tree removal, debris clean up, installing bird feeders. No obligation when we call or email but if you're available we'll welcome your help.
We welcome your interest and willingness to help us realize our mission. To help coordinate our volunteer effort, please fill out and submit the information below. Thanks!